!!!!!

Science!!!!! :)

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Reflection - Cracking the Code of Life Part II

          We finished this movie in class today.  It showed more diseases that can be passed on through heredity like cancer.  One thing I really liked about this movie is that it showed a variety of things.  It hopped back and forth from showing us stories about people with disease caused by their genes, and the two competing teams of scientists trying to be the first ones to map someone´s entire DNA structure.  The movies made me more aware of the role genetics plays in our lives, and how there are some things we can´t escape because it´s in our DNA.  Something I found ironic was the fact that in my previous post, I had made connections between Cracking the Code of Life and Gattaca, and the documentary had clips of Gattaca in it, and talked about how our future might very well turn into one just like in the world of Gattaca.  All in all, I thought that Cracking the Code of Life was a good movie full of information for people who want to learn about genetics.

1 comment:

  1. Your Gattaca connection was indeed very ironic. I'm glad you learned a lot from the film.

    ReplyDelete